Monday, January 25, 2010

Kanavas Will Not Seek Re-election

Here is the release I sent out today announcing I will not run for re-election to the Wisconsin State Seante:


(Madison, WI)…State Senator Ted Kanavas announced today he will not seek a third full term in the Wisconsin State Senate.

“It has been an honor and a privilege to serve the people of the 33rd District and I am grateful for their support,” said Senator Kanavas. “After much contemplation, I have decided not to seek re-election to a third full term.”

Kanavas was first elected to the Wisconsin State Senate in a July 2001 special election and at the completion of this term will have served two full terms and part of a third spanning nearly ten years.

“Republicans will enjoy great victories this fall and I anticipate Republicans in the state senate coming back in the majority. That prospect will ensure excellent candidates will emerge to serve the people of the 33rd District and I am confident the district will be left in good hands.”

“Over the years I have been proud of my record of accomplishments in areas of jobs, lower taxes and economic development across Wisconsin. I put job creation and entrepreneurship front and center of the policy debate in Madison. Passing the Angel Investment tax credit legislation was a seminal event for our state. The way to solve problems is not to raise taxes and expand government, but to allow our economy to grow and to let research and development lead the way.”

“Again, thanks to the people of the 33rd District for all of their kindness, thoughts and prayers during my service in the state senate,” Kanavas concluded.


###

No comments: