Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Kanavas Will Not Enter U.S. Senate Race

(Brookfield, WI) - State Senator Ted Kanavas (R-Brookfield) today issued the following statement regarding his decision not to run for the United States Senate:


“Since I announced my retirement from the Wisconsin State Senate in January, my family and I have been humbled by the encouragement and support I have received to run for higher office. After several weeks of thoughtful consideration, however, I have decided not to seek election to the United States Senate.

Over the next several months, I will do everything I can to help my party’s nominee defeat Russ Feingold. As a strong fiscal conservative, I will continue fighting to elect Scott Walker our next Governor and ensure the Republican Party has majorities in both houses of the state legislature.”


Senator Ted Kanavas, a software executive and entrepreneur, was first elected to the Wisconsin State Senate’s 33rd District, which includes Waukesha and Washington counties, in 2001 after serving four years on the Elmbrook School Board. He is a member of Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, the Waukesha County Republican Party, the Washington County Republican Party; Order of AHEPA, and serves on the Board of Directors of the Orthodox Christian Charities of Wisconsin. He and his wife Mary live in Brookfield, Wisconsin with their three children. In January 2010, Senator Kanavas announced his retirement from the Wisconsin State Senate.

###

No comments: